Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'M IT!

Ok - so now I am considered the tagee I guess, and here you go. I really didn't know what to share, but here are 10 things I am sure NONE of you knew about me!

#1 I've lived in Cameron my entire life (except for the one year of college dorm life). I haven't ever measured the distance, but I'm sure I haven't lived over 15 miles from the house I grew up in.

#2 I've worked for the same company since I was 16! I have went from pe-on to "Office Goddess"! I love State Farm - I couldn't go anywhere else! Been here 14 years and plan to stay another!

#3 I have a bachelors degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting from Missouri Western State University. I always dreamed of being an actuary, but didn't get it done.

#4 My favorite food in the world is Chocolate Covered Raisins - and yes Lila - I agree that if heaven is truly made of what we love here on earth - then there will be a chocolate covered raisin fountain.

#5 Anymore, I don't open myself up to really close friendships -- the reason is cause all of you MOVE away just when I can't live without ya! Trisha, Tracy, Marianne, Kara, Rhonda, Cindy - I would love for ANY of you to move back!
And Kim, Grace, Lila, Michele - I don't want ANY of you to move away, EVER! :>)

#6 I hate to admit this one, but I'm a Stephanie Plum adict. Every year when the new one comes out, I just can't WAIT to read it. This series is written by Janet Evanovich - thank you to Sheryl B for getting me hooked.

#7 I strive to be like my dad, but I can't even compare. I would love to grow older - no offense dad - with wrinkles that define my smile! No - I have dark circles and those worry lines between my eyes - like I have just ate a sour pickle. Any of you who know my dad understand those smiling wrinkles!

#8 I think I've had 4 concussions all BEFORE I turned 16. So any of you who ask me about my childhood, I really don't know. My mom usually fills in all the blanks for me.

#9 I remember the beginning of my Senior year in High School - declaring that I would go directly to college, never look back at Cameron, forget having a boyfriend, never have kids, be successfull, yada yada yada. Well one year later I was back home and MARRIED and NOW I'm still here in Cameron with 3 kids! God had his own plan for me!

#10 My favorite Holiday is Christmas! I love to decorate the house, make cookies with my dad and kids, give gifts, go sledding, drink hot cocoa, celebrate the birth of Jesus, you name it, I think it's GREAT. In fact, I started decorating last weekend. :>)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chas,
I was so excited to read your blog. I had to go back and read previous ones, too. I loved the pics of the kids. They've all grown so much.

I miss so much about Cameron...decorating for the senior banquet (we did a fantastic job)....Acteens and all that entailed, etc. I loved working with the girls, too.

I must comment about your getting hit in the head. I won't tell your kids about the times I remember your taking off to the next town to "beat up" someone.....wonder who got beat up.
lol.

Unknown said...

We have more in common than I realized. I just didn't share some of those in my "top 10". We should go to lunch. Love ya. Great getting to know more about you.

Grace said...

Chas, you forgot to mention that you are a keyboard-playing queen who my son was just pretending to be the other day while playing his toy keyboard!!!

Seriously, I love ya! Thanks for sharing!