Friday, November 16, 2007

HEROS


I look at my husband and I see the man that swept me off my feet, I see the wonderful father he is to our children, and I see the love he has for God, family, and friends. I see P. But he is so much more...he is a hero. A couple weeks ago my husband was selected out of several Northwest Missouri Law Enforcement and First Responders to receive a Life Saving Award. Many of you know that last Dec a couple of children had fallen through the ice into a pond near our home. P was the first responder on the scene and saved a little boy that day. Unfortunately the other child was found a couple hours later and did not make it. My husband was devastated, I can remember the look in his eyes...he almost felt as if he had failed. We and several others knew he was taking it hard, and we helped him through it. HE WAS A HERO! Last night he was recognized as that hero! P and I and several officers and firefighters from Cameron attended a banquet to recognize law enforcement officers and first responders who have went above and beyond the call of duty. The little boy was there and thanked P for saving him, and he also thanked the crowd for praying for him and his recovery. P was glowing! I could see last night that P finally understood, he did do his job, and he was a hero. And the neatest thing about this night of valor, was that P was not the only hero out there that was recognized. Andy was recognized for his call of duty above and beyond as well. I am so proud to know these men that are willing to step up to help others before thinking about themselves first. We are PROUD of you!


This is P with his Fire Chiefs and the little boy he saved.

Andy and P with their awards.

5 comments:

Kim said...

The Henry's are so proud of you P!

Grace said...

And the Howells are proud of both of you guys! We don't say it enough, but we appreciate the job you do to make this world a safer place for the rest of us! Thanks!

Lanny said...

I am proud of you. Congrat's

Lila said...

So proud of you, little brother!!!

James W said...

Love ya P! Grace is correct about we don't say it enough that we appreciate the job you do. I am glad you are there to help save lives.