Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Generation to Generation


This weekend was a big weekend for all the deer hunters of Missouri. I remember as a kid when deer season came, my brother and sister and I were not allowed to play in the field or the timber, in fear that someone might accidentally shoot us. We never had any AVID deer hunters in our family. My uncle might get one every now and then, but I don't think he "showed it off" per say, unless it was a "BIG ONE". The opposite side of that spectrum is that P was RAISED a deer hunter. I even think he would skip school to go deer hunting. Now, I will not let my son do that FOR SURE, but P has been able to pass down the sport to G. They went out this weekend and as you can see, G was so proud of his dad, and those two were able to spend some time with each other. As I sat back and thought about this, I thought: P and I come from two different backgrounds, (I mean REALLY different) but the one thing that we have in common, is that our families taught us our spiritual beliefs. God brought us together, God has a plan for us, and we know that God will take care of us through EVERYTHING. P and I have had ROUGH times and I mean ROUGH, but it makes us stronger, and it makes our relationship with our Lord so much stronger. My point is that our kids see that, and we are passing this trust and belief down to our children, and it comes from the BOTH of us. So as I share these photos, which some of you think is disgusting, I know, I've been there, you eventually get over it - remember we all have things that we pass from generation to generation and this is one of ours.

1 comment:

Grace said...

What a great post, Chasity! And I'm sure you're next one will be too because...

TAG... you're it!

Check out my blog for details!