Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's Melting, It's Melting!

OK I know, I know, I haven't blogged in awhile, but for good reason. A storm comes and you just as well not have any ties with me for awhile. Yes you bet it, CLAIMS! We haven't had too many BIG claims, most people are just dealing with clean up and concern for heat due to loss of power. Ken was working a claim yesterday and a HUGE branch came crashing down on the hood of his truck. Not good. And believe it or not, it wasn't a ficus and his insurance still covered it!! :>) Like a good neighbor.... Ok that might have been a stupid insurance joke, but maybe some of you got it. The heat of taking the claims is pretty much over now, so Ken says he is dealing with Post dramatic stress syndrome, I told him I was glad he had the disease - I think I'm just plain TIRED!


So while I was out this morning, I thought I would catch a few photos before it melted. This was the fence line at Grams & Gramps this morning. All I could think about was running my hand down the line and breaking all the icicles. LOVE TO DO THAT!!


This was just a photo outside the office. The sun was shining and everything was just glistening.
And then...



it started melting! I don't know if you can see here or not, but the icicles were just crashing down everywhere. You can kind of see the line in the street where the danger zone occurred. We were out today and you had to be careful for all the falling ice, but this is GOOD!!!

4 comments:

Polly said...

YipEEEE...just watch for falling icicles!

James W said...

Glad that all you guys are OK.

Grace said...

We had another huge tree branch from our neighbors tree crash into our fence yesterday when the ice started melting... but we can't go out and clean it up yet because we still have a power line down in our backyard. It is beautiful, though!!!

CHAZ said...

Please tell me you have called the city regarding the power line!!!